Loading color scheme


Who the application concerns

You may obtain a permanent residence permit for a child if you are a Polish citizen and the child remains under your parental authority.

Mode of application submission

The application on behalf of a minor foreigner is submitted by his/her parent, a court appointed guardian or a curator to the voivod competent for the place of the foreigner's residence.

When submitting an application for a permanent residence permit for an alien who is a minor who has reached the age of 6, his/her presence is required. 

As a parent of an alien minor who is over 6 years of age, you are obliged to allow the minor to submit fingerprints when submitting the application.

If you do not submit the application concerning a minor who is over 6 years of age in his/her presence or you send the application by mail - after the application is delivered to the voivod you will be called upon to ensure the presence of the minor within at least 7 days from the delivery of the call under pain of refusal to initiate the proceedings.

Essential documents

  1. an application form completed in accordance with the instructions;
  2. 4 recent, undamaged colour photographs, 45x35 mm, taken within the last 6 months on a uniform bright background, having good sharpness and clearly showing the eyes and face from the top of the head to the upper part of the shoulders; the face should take up 70-80% of the photograph; the photograph should show the person looking straight ahead with eyes open, not hidden by hair, with a natural facial expression and closed mouth:

- if your child has congenital or acquired visual impairment, you may enclose a photograph showing him/her wearing glasses with dark lenses. In this case, you must enclose documents proving the child's disability

or, if there are none, your statement that your child is disabled.

- if the child wears a headgear according to the rules of his/her religion you may enclose a photograph of him/her wearing the headgear as long as the facial image is fully visible. In this case you must include a statement of the child's religious affiliation.

  1. a photocopy of a valid travel document (original for inspection) in a particularly justified case, when the child (as a minor) does not have a valid travel document and it is not possible to obtain one, you may present another document confirming identity.

Note: If any of the above documents is missing, you will be called upon to supplement it within 14 days of the delivery of the call under penalty of leaving the application unprocessed.

Typical documents confirming the circumstances indicated in the application:

Note: If you attach the documents listed below to your application when you submit it, you can reduce the amount of official correspondence and shorten the time it takes to process your case.

  • birth certificate of the child;
  • parent's identity card (original for inspection)

If you need to clarify or clarify the evidence in your possession during the proceedings, you may be called upon to provide other documents or to give evidence supporting the circumstances referred to in your request.