The Foreigners Integration Centre is a new department in the structure of the Voivodeship Labor Office in Opole.
Within the Center operates Information Point, where you can get information on widely understood adaptation of foreigners coming to Poland, including among others:
- principles of legalizing stay and obtaining Polish citizenship
- forms of employment and running a business
- access to medical and rehabilitation services
- purchasing or renting real estate
- opening bank accounts
- recognition of education obtained in countries other than the Republic of Poland and others, as requested by CIC (The Foreign Integration Centre) clients;
Intercultural advisors will support foreigners using the Center by :
- accompanying foreign families in solving difficult situations for them
- accompanying during visits to a doctor
- assistance in filling in official documents
- providing information on places where they can turn to with their problems
- assistance in finding housing
- qualifying clients for legal, psychological, or counseling assistance available under the project and arranging appointments with appropriate specialists.
The Foreigners Integration Center employs 7 people, including three of Ukrainian nationality. Thanks to this, help in the Center can be obtained in many languages:
CIC organizes free of charge Polish language trainings on different levels, including technical Polish for adults and language courses for children. Additionally, the offer of the Centre includes adaptation courses which aim at familiarizing as wide group of foreigners as possible, especially newly arrived migrants, with their basic rights and duties, system of integration in Poland, as well as services, institutions and other organizations which can be helpful for them. Foreigners reporting to the CIC can benefit from the assistance of a legal advisor, psychologist, career counselor and translator.
We also plan to organize trainings for representatives of other institutions working with foreigners in the future. As part of the Center's activities, we plan to organize conferences, events, and other activities that will familiarize the local community with the culture and customs of the representatives of non-EU countries living in Opole voivodeship.
The Center for Integration of Foreigners is open to cooperation with other institutions, organizations and universities involved in supporting foreigners.
Until the end of 2022, it is financed by the project entitled: "Building structures for the integration of foreigners in Poland - stage II - piloting of Alien Integration Centers", envisaged to be implemented within the framework of the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (FAMI) implemented by the Ministry of Family and Social Policy. Its activities are expected to continue in the following years.